“I’m always soft for you, that’s the problem. You could come knocking on my door five years from now and I would open my arms wider and say ‘come here, it’s been too long, it felt like home with you.’”—Azra.T “My Heart is Full of Open Windows.” (via sabrinadorronsoro)
We used to go everywhere together.
he always knew where he was going.
he would say
and after awhile, I knew he could navigate
the way on his own.
then they would go places together,
“To the city art museum”
“to the nearest baskin robbins”
it was a late one, that night,
when the car lights dimmed and
only quiet music played.
They went to mcdonalds and olive garden,
to every park in town and
to three different parts of the beach.
but tonight something was different.
he didn’t ask for directions
to her house,
“I don’t know where to go”
he always knew where to go.
why doesn’t he know now?
he cried out again, ” She is gone.”
[Where is gone?]
[I am sorry, I do not know where “Gone” is located,
would you like me to redirect you to “Her House”
you have been there sixty two times in the last two months.]
[Would you like to rename this location “Home”?]
"I dont know where home is anymore"
[Would you like to rename “Her House” to “Home”?]
[“Home” has been saved.]
[Would you like to go “Home”?]
“Then, one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life…you give them a piece of you. They don’t ask for it. They do something dumb one day like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn’t your own anymore.”—Neil Gaiman (via observando)
2. Do not start smoking cigarettes because the boy who broke your heart does.
3. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
4. Cutting calories doesn’t do anything but make you unhappy.
5. If the number on the scale rises, throw it out.
6. The first girl you ever “date” is going to call the police on you even though she lives three thousand miles away, because you’re going to tell her that you’re not in a good mental state shortly after you’ve “broken up”.
7. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
8. Break up with the boy who says, “You had a sexy phase!” when you tell him that you’ve dated a girl before.
9. Dating your friends is not always the best idea, but you can still be friends after you’ve broken up with her.
10. Your mother will try to become your best friend because you’re leaving for college soon. Let her.
11. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
12. Your closest friend will stop talking to you when you leave for college.
13. It’s okay to cry.
14. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
15. When you cut yourself again, clean and bandage it. Do not be ashamed.
16. Your anxiety is going to try and control your entire life. Tell it to shut the hell up, because you’re trying to live and that task is hard enough as it is.
17. The past has a funny way of coming back in the form of you developing a crush on another friend.
18. Try not to hate yourself for breaking up with your boyfriend.
19. If you’re still smoking, apologize silently to your mother.
“I just want someone who won’t get annoyed when I text them six times or in all caps. Someone I can go on long drives with and can sing along to the radio with. Someone I can eat pizza with at 2am and kiss at 6pm. Someone who chooses me everyday and never thinks twice about it.”—(via jessielou24)
“Stop chasing after people who left you. Stop romanticizing the people who hurt you. It’s not poetic that you’re broken. You have got to stop glamorizing heartbreak, there is nothing beautiful about it. Begging, needing, loving someone so much that you can’t merely function without them is pathetic. You need to learn to fix yourself. Begging someone to stay will not make them love you. He isn’t going to sweep you off your feet like a Disney movie, he fucking destroyed you. Forget him like he forgot you. He’s not coming back to fix your damaged soul. I’m so sick of you pleading for his return, he destroyed you and didn’t look back. Your dependance on his presence is making me sick. He doesn’t love you so stop pretending he’s coming back because he’s not. He ruined you and you let him don’t you dare forget that. He’s moved on and it’s about damn time you did the same. Learn to love yourself or you will be this damaged, fragile soul forever. He can’t fix you, no one can but yourself. It starts now. Be your own damn hero.”—Things I need to remind myself (via unpoeticheartbreak)